Historic Pelham

Presenting the rich history of Pelham, NY in Westchester County: current historical research, descriptions of how to research Pelham history online and genealogy discussions of Pelham families.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Abstract of 1735 Will of David Pell of the Manor of Pelham

Please Visit the Historic Pelham Web Site

What follows is another transcription of an abstract of an early Pelham will. The abstract was prepared by William S. Pelletreau and was published in 1895. A citation to the source appears immediately following the transcription of the abstract.

"Page 390. -- In the name of God, Amen, December 9, 1735. I, DAVID PELL, of Westchester, being sick. I leave to my brother, Thomas Pell, £10. To my brothers, Phillip Pell, Caleb Pell, and Joseph Pell, each £10. To my sister, Mary Sands, £25. To my sister, Sarah Pell, £140, and to my sisters, Phebe and Bershebah Pell, each, £140. To my nephew, Samuel Bradhurst, £5. All my houses and lands and estate are to be sold by my executors, and after payment of debts, all the remainder is left to my sisters, Sarah, Phebe, and Bar- [Page 185 / Page 186] shebah. I appoint my honored father, Thomas Pell, and my brother, Phillip Pell, executors.

Witnesses, Joseph Fowler, John Pell, John Cuer.

Proved, January 20, 1735/6."

Source: Pelletreau, William Smith, Abstracts of Wills and Other Documents Recorded in New York Surrogate's Office - Liber 11 in Collections of the New-York Historical Society For the Year 1894, pp. 185-86 (NY, NY: Printed for the Society 1895).

Please Visit the Historic Pelham Web Site
Located at
http://www.historicpelham.com/
Click here to see a single index of all Historic Pelham Blog Postings to date.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home